Monday, October 22, 2012

Thank you

I want to say Thank You to everyone for the support that we have gotten so far with our adoption. I struggle with taking help and donations.... receiving in any way that is. I feel as if I am unworthy of all the kindness we are receiving and I want to repay everyone in some way. I just want everyone to know how amazing it is to see God provide during this process. We still have a long way to go but I know this is Gods plan for my life and he will make it happen.. his way, his time. I can't stress enough how thankful I am. I am not only thankful for all of the support but am so thankful that God chose me to adopt. This process has been so life changing..

I get so anxious at times and think I need to get this stuff done I have a baby waiting on me and then I think take your time enjoy this, this  is not supposed to be a stressful process. This is Gods plan this is all for him, for him to be glorified. This whole process is for God to show others he still works in the lives of people and performs miracles today in 2012! For goodness sakes people I am adopting a child from Ethiopia!! I'm flying on a plane 17 hours straight!! TWO TRIPS AHHHH!!! And I'm not scared.. Well maybe a little.. I have had a few plane nightmares here lately. But I was scared.. Scared to death! Scared about every little detail about this whole process.. Philippians 4:13 is so true (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me)  



For those of you that don't know where we are in the adoption process, we haven't got very far. The slow process is good though. We have so much to think about and all the interviews and education is helping us know what to expect, get to know ourselves better and each other if that even makes sense. We have to have four interviews and we have had 2 so far. In order for us to schedule our next interview we have to read a book called The Connected Child. Which is pretty good, better than we both expected. We also have to complete online education. After we complete are Home studies (interviews) we will start on our international paperwork and once that is done a approved we will wait for our child :)

So as of right now we are leaning towards a boy!! I LOVE the name Abraham. Lily and Davis have been studying Abraham in Sunday School. I was reading to them about Abraham and I thought... I love that name. So maybe that's what God will give us, a little boy :) I can't wait to meet him!!

If anyone has any questions about adoption or anything at all feel free to message or email me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment