Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Surprised

 I am so grateful and thankful for all the support that has been shown since Our Big News was announced. I hate to say this but I am a little surprised by it. I never thought that so many people would be so excited and open to the idea of our adoption. I have had so many kind things said to me about how great it is that Derrick and I are saving a child.... I can't take the credit for it. It is all to obey the Lord. Of course saving a child's life is important too but would I  have done this on my own... Sorry to burst every ones bubble but... Not this girl! Without my relationship with God and a lot of praying this would not have been possible for me. Don't get me wrong I am so excited and can't wait to meet my little baby but it has taken time and prayers to get to this point. I have to say though the support from family and friends is amazing. So Thank You! Thanks for all the offers to help!! Just know if you are offering to help I'm probably gonna take you up on that offer :) I'm pretty needy right now..

So Derrick and I had our first interview on Tuesday. I thought it went well, Derrick on the other hand might say different. I think he screwed up on some of the yes and no questions one of them being about divorce. Basically the lady probably thinks he is secretly going to divorce me. LOL. Let's hope she knows he didn't mean that. I hope he didnt anyway. J

On to more about surprises. I keep surprising myself. I am now doing crafts!! If you know me very well that is probably really funny. If you know me very well you probably think this isn't me even typing these blog entrys. I understand because I'm surprised too! Thats what happens when you let Jesus take the wheel :) Just sayin he surprises you all the time.. Back to the crafts. We may have a booth at the Iron Horse Festival. That is if we get some crafts made by the deadline to sign up to have a booth. There will also be a booth at the Arts and Crafts Fair called Maggies Hope. Details to come...

Our Yard Sale is September 15! We have a location now!! The owners of Extreme Swing offered their parking lot to us! If anyone wants to donate yard sale items just let me know. I will gladly take whatever you have to offer. IGA of New Haven has offered to donate food to sale at the Yard Sale. My church family has offered to make baked goods to sale. God is good! Hope to see yall there :)

1 comment: